Tamriel Rebuilt:Almas Thirr
|Added by: Tamriel Rebuilt
|Alignment: Tribunal Temple
Almas Thirr is a large Tribunal Temple city and pilgrimage site spanning the Thirr River in the Aanthirin region. The city connects Indoril lands to Hlaalu, and harbors the only road linking western Morrowind to east anywhere north of farflung Narsis.
The great canton itself was built on Veloth's Path, the route that Saint Veloth is supposed to have taken through Morrowind. It is Temple-owned, and takes a toll from ships passing through it north and south along the river. One such ship, the Glinting Moth, is docked by the Hall of Tribute at the time of your arrival. With numerous ships and pilgrims passing through, Almas Thirr is a source of some wealth for the Temple, which finds itself in the middle of rising tensions between Great House Hlaalu and Great House Indoril. The canton's administrator, the Majordomo Andor Orothi, is determined to keep the Temple's neutrality (and Almas Thirr's independence) intact.
The Indoril once owned the territory on the west bank of the Thirr, as numerous ruins can attest to. The current lord of Roa Dyr, Indoril Ilvi, is suspected by some of desiring the return of these lands from the expansionist Hlaalu. The Temple in Almas Thirr professes neutrality, but the truth is more complicated. The Indoril are tightly intertwined with the Temple, and Indoril Ilvi is permitted to maintain a garrison of his soldiers on the eastern bank. A noble of the Indoril, Ildari Dorvi, is a good friend of the Majordomo and can be found petitioning him in his office.
The Hlaalu for their part seem to be making good use of agents and spies within the city - for example, by supposedly selling agents as 'slaves' to the Indoril east of the river. In the meantime, notables such as Avon Hlaalu visit the city on more public missions - such as persuading the Majordomo to loosen regulations on Hlaalu trade traveling up and down the river.
The city is well-served by prosperous merchants, sitting as it does on the only road crossing the Thirr. Those with more meager wares can be found manning market stalls on the western bridge, and there are plentiful store owners both outside the canton and within it. The guildhalls and their associated services can be found on the city's western side. Rooms can be rented at various locales, including the Limping Scrib, the pilgrim-oriented Hostel of the Crossing and the Thirsty Saint Cornerclub.
Getting There and Around
The Silt Strider can take you here from the Indoril-aligned fishing town of Aimrah or the punavit-brewing settlement of Vhul. A boat on the western edge of the canton can take you to the Hlaalu town of Indal-ruhn or the Imperial city of Old Ebonheart.
Places of Interest Around Almas Thirr
Veloth's Path runs west to east through Almas Thirr, and following it east will lead to the beautiful Indoril chapel of Roa Dyr, home to Indoril Ilvi. To the north, past the wreck of the Andresian Dreugh immediately adjacent to the canton, stands the Daedric Shrine of Hadrumnibibi, rumored to be newly occupied by cultists of Malacath. To the northwest are the vast fields of the Oran Plantation, pockmarked with caves on the coast, while to the southwest, the Dwemer ruin of Bthungtch can be found.
Miscellaneous questgivers include Llandora Falavel in the Port Authority, Azarien Ulimal and Nerlis in the canton plaza, Davor Indri and Tilresi in the Canalworks, Giacinia Andelius in the Upper Waistworks, Drelegor Ulesseth at the Limping Scrib, Falora Daren and Manyn Llando at the Temple and Bidsi Omathi in the Hostel of the Crossing. The Bloodstone Pilgrimage can be begun by speaking to Hetman Llothro in her house.
Quests from the extensive Temple questline here can be taken from Lloris Dalan in the Canalworks Temple, Illene Teloth at the Office of Intercession, and Vaden Baro at the Monastery of St. Veloth. Ja'Basska is the local Fighters Guild Steward, Tynachos is the Mages Guild Steward, and Gordol the Scrivener is the local Thieves Guild Mastermind. Hlenil Saravyne is the local Master of the Morag Tong responsible for writs and special duties.
For a complete list of all the people in Almas Thirr, see the People in Almas Thirr page.
- Pilgrimage to the Bloodstone Shrine: Make the pilgrimage to the Bloodstone Shrine.
- Healing Jalor Indo: Cure an ailing smith.
- Duress of a Slave: Deliver a letter to a young noble facing a moral dilemma.
- Outlandish Heresy: Deal with outlanders in Old Ebonheart.
- Learned Proverbs: Share some religious proverbs to the commoners in Almas Thirr.
- Calitia's Sanctuary: Control the fate of a Hlaalu spy.
- Disease of the Mind: Lure a mad Ordinator of War back to Serynthul.
- Inquisition of Vys-Assanud: Nobody expects the Temple Inquisition!
- A Warmonger's Counsel: Avert a House War.
- May She Rest in Peace: Arrange a proper cremation.
- A Flooded Tomb: Retrieve family remains from Dreugh squatters.
- Speaker for the Dead: Become an advocate for those beyond.
- Disembodied: Investigate a haunting in Roa Dyr.
- The Face Stealer: Hunt a creature of many guises.
- Warm to the Touch: Help a restless spirit move on.
- Vinipter's Bounty: Hunt down a mercenary the Morag Tong can't touch.
- Debt Collection in Vhul: Collect a smith’s debts, one way or another.
- Dalveni Land Grab: Convince a homeowner to relocate, plantations need more land!
- The Ring of Lifebloom: Raid a tomb for a vital ring.
- Slaves at Llaran Farm: The Indoril need you to free some slaves. Hlaalu slaves, that is.
- Kill Argo Hlon: Kill a bandit leader who has angered folks on both sides of the bridge.
- A Soulful Demonstration: Prove your ability to trap a soul.
- Rowdy Anne's Soul: Hook the soul of a fabled fish.
- Velk's Soul: Commit sacrilege for the collection.
- Armun Kagouti's Soul: Take down an apex predator of the Armun Ashlands.
- Kor-An-Taketh's Soul: Strike deals for rare souls with Firewatch's collectors.
- Yathosil's Soul: Ensnare a powerful Dridrea.
- The Creature in the Lake's Soul: Spirit away royalty in the stygian deeps.
- Azura's Star: Make a godly gift to Tynachos' collection.
- Find Gordol the Scrivener: Uncover the Thieves Guild den in Almas Thirr.
- Swindle the Pilgrims: Prove your worth by robbing pilgrims under the Ordinators' noses.
- Dreugh Spear: Lift a rare weapon from a drillmaster's apartment.
- Find Flavius Celto: Discover the fate of a brother thief sailing in dangerous waters.
- Stolen Punavit: Acquire the smuggled substance of a criminal rival.
- Skooma at the Mundrethi Plantation: Seek the source of an illicit trade.
- Smuggling along the Sacred Path: The Tong overreach and some careful thieving can get the Temple involved...
- Writ for Llirala Arys: Honorably execute a Lawman of House Hlaalu.
- Writ for Serali Beralam: Honorably execute a Hlaalu retainer.
- Writ for Varru Envano: Honorably execute a hetman's husband.
- Writ for Ilmeni: Honorably execute a Dunmer smuggler.
- Writ for Dileru Dras: Honorably execut-wait, what's "illegal"?
- Writ for Felrar Berathi: Honorably execute a Hlan Oek garrison guard.
- Writ for Mirasa Rurvyn: Honorably execute a noble pilgrim.
- Writ for Ulyn Menathren: Honorably execute a killer of pilgrims.
- Writ for Jelyn Indo: Honorably execute Jelyn Indo.
- Writ for Arin Andathril: Honorably re-execute a restless Indoril of Tur Julan.
- The Elusive Vodryn Talnaris: Hunt down a traitor to the Morag Tong.
- A Matter of Record: A pilgrim's quest for paperwork requires some dedication.
- Brother Against Brother: A family is split between two Great Houses.
- Catcatching in Almas Thirr: Aid an escape... or a capture.
- Cutthroat Bureaucracy: Assist an aspiring tollmer in his dark ambitions.
- Friends with Rats: Help an unusual pairing squeak by the guards.
- No Good Deed: Interrogate a group of slaves in search of a spy.
- Perils of Literacy: Handle a bookseller's suspected heresy.
- Proud to be Buoyant: A Buoyant Armiger falls prey to a thief.
- Silent Night: Silence a snoring neighbor for Llandora Falavel.
- Tainted Waters: Identify and avenge a corpse pulled from the Thirr.
- Top Secret Recipe: Deliver a strange message for a pushy priest.
- Almas Thirr was first released in 2019 in Aanthirin release and later overhauled in 2023 in Andaram release. The changes include the revamp of the city's exteriors and interiors, as well as new Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, Thieves Guild, Morag Tong and miscellaneous content.