Win a 2018 UESP Calendar — December 6, 2017
Make sure you enter our Random Draw for a chance to win one of many 2018 Tamriel calendars featuring screenshots submitted by our fans. Take a look at the Calendar Preview for an idea of what it looks like. Drawing will take place on Dec 18th so don't wait!
We've choosen 62 lucky winners today for a calendar from the random draw and have notified them by e-mail. If you didn't win one we will do one last draw sometime in January with any remaining calendars left over.
Free ESO Nix-Ox Mount — November 17, 2017
A free nix-ox mount will be given to all players that own ESO's Morrowind Chapter who log in before November 26. The mount will be given out in two batches, on November 22 and November 28. Players who don't currently own the Chapter can avail of this promotion by purchasing it in the interim. Morrowind is currently on sale in the Xbox Store.
In other news, ESO's second anniversary event celebrating the release of Orsinium is currently in full swing. The DLC is on sale at a significant reduction in the Crown Store and Orsinium rewards have been doubled for the duration of the event.
Julian LeFay Interview — November 6, 2017
Julian LeFay, who has been called the "Father of The Elder Scrolls" took part in a three hour interview with Indigo Gaming a week ago. In the interview, he talks about his involvement with Bethesda Softworks as their chief engineer, his departure from the company, and his current projects, among other things. As one of the first employees of Bethesda, Julian saw the company grow from a small operation to a company with seventy employees.
The full interview can be found here.
Clockwork City expansions for The Elder Scrolls Online and The Elder Scrolls: Legends — November 1, 2017
The Clockwork City DLC for ESO was released for PC and Mac players on October 23, 2017, with console players getting it on November 7, 2017. This DLC gives players access to a new zone and trial as well as new quests, and introduces Transmutation to the crafting system.
Now, it has been announced a new premium story is coming to Legends on November 30, 2017, called Return to Clockwork City, a nod to the recently released ESO DLC. The story will add Factotum cards, as well as new Treasure Hunt and Assemble game mechanics. The full bundle will be available for $19.99, complete with alternate card art and a title; or in-game gold can be used to purchase three separate acts. For more information, read the official announcement. Clockwork City, here we come!
Skyrim: Special Edition Free Weekend — September 09, 2017
As part of the lead up to the upcoming Creation Club
update for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
, a free weekend is being held on Steam for the game. To go alongside the free weekend, the game is also on sale at half off on the Steam Store
. The Creation Club is a platform to allow for Bethesda to release new content made in collaboration with modders and Bethesda Game Studios. The service has drawn numerable comparisons to the previous Paid Mods program that was ran through the Steam Workshop. Additional information on the Creation Club can be found at the official site
The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial City Anniversary Event — September 09, 2017
To celebrate the second anniversary of the release of the Imperial City DLC
, ZeniMax Online Studios
has announced a special event from September 7th to 18th. The value of Tel Var Stones
and unique drops have been doubled for the length of the event, and the DLC is on sale for half off. The Collector's Bundle has also been made available again, at a forty percent discount. The full announcement can be seen on the official site
QuakeCon 2017 Sales Start — August 28, 2017
Midyear Mayhem and Legends Mobile Release — July 26, 2017
Heroes of Skyrim and ESO Plus Event — July 3, 2017
Heroes of Skyrim, the first card expansion for Legends, was released a day early on June 28. The update adds a new type of card pack, which can be opened to unlock the 154 new cards themed after The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. A random free deck is available simply for logging in, and new daily quests are available which make it easy to acquire some of the new packs. Additional decks can be bought for 500 Gold each, and a Skyrim Starter Pack discount is available for purchase.
In other news, a surprise event has been announced for ESO. The ESO Plus Bonus Event will take place from July 5 to July 9, and will award free Dwarven Crown Crates to ESO Plus subscribers for each day they log in. Non-subscribers can instead try out a free trial of ESO Plus, which includes bonus XP and gold, as well as full access to the five released DLC. This would be a good time to unlock loyalty rewards and Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood skills for those who don't own the DLC, as no rewards will be lost after the subscription lapses.
Steam Summer Sale 2017 Details — June 23, 2017
The Steam Summer Sale has begun, and with it, many deals on most of Steam's catalog are out now. Of particular note for TES fans include its Elder Scrolls Bundle, which includes all TES titles on Steam at a 49% discount. Related bundles include the Fallout Bundle at 60% off, the Bethesda Softworks Classics Superbundle for 76% off, and a 34% discount on the recently released Prey. The sale is set to run until July 5th, and the discounts are set throughout the sale.
As a reminder, the previous flash sales, which would put certain titles on an even deeper discount, is no longer a featured part of Steam Sales, so any title can be purchased at any point of the sale for the same price.
BE3 2017 Showcase — June 12, 2017
Several Elder Scrolls announcements were made at this year's Bethesda E3 Showcase:
- The next two DLCs for ESO were revealed. Horns of the Reach is a dungeon pack similar to Shadows of the Hist, and contains two new Nord-themed Group Dungeons: "Bloodroot Forge" and "Falkreath Hold". It is due for release as part of ESO's next major update, which will also include a new Battlegrounds "Chaos Ball" ruleset and "Arcane University" map for owners of ESO Morrowind. Clockwork City is a larger DLC with 10 hours of new content. First announced way back in 2014, it seems slated for release in the final quarter of 2017.
- The first card expansion for Legends was announced. Heroes of Skyrim does not come with any additional story content, but instead introduces 150 new Skyrim-themed cards and some new keywords.
- Bethesda announced the summer 2017 launch of Creation Club for Skyrim Special Edition, a successor to their failed system of paid mods that launched on Steam Workshop in 2015. Creation Club will introduce original content which is "created internally, some with external partners who have worked on our games, and some by external Creators" and is put through full QA cycles to ensure compatibility with official DLC and achievements. Each piece of content will be sold separately using a digital currency; pricing is currently unknown. The official FAQ contains more information, as well as an application form to become a Creator.
- Gameplay of Skyrim on the Nintendo Switch was shown. The Switch edition will include Amiibo support; the trailer shows a Zelda: Breath of the Wild Amiibo being used to spawn a treasure chest in-game, which contains a Link outfit, Master Sword, and Hylian Shield. This is the first time in the main Elder Scrolls series that platform-exclusive content will not be available on PC.
: Bethesda has made another Skyrim announcement at Sony's PlayStation showcase, namely Skyrim VR which will launch exclusively on PS4.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Released — June 06, 2017
Legends Released on Steam and Android Tablets — June 2, 2017
The Elder Scrolls: Legends has been released on Steam and Google Play. The Android version follows a considerably long beta to ensure it would work properly, and the Steam release follows its previous PC launch through the Bethesda.net application launcher. Additionally, alongside these releases comes the introduction of Gauntlet Mode, which introduces a new form of competitive play. Lastly, they have also launched their first version of Spectator Mode, which will allow you to watch your friends play in-game.
Oblivion Released on GOG — June 1, 2017
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has been released DRM-free for the first time on GOG. The version released is the Deluxe Edition, previously only available on Steam. The Deluxe Edition includes Shivering Isles and all nine official add-ons; notably, it includes the Fighter's Stronghold add-on, which was previously only available through Steam for the last few years. The title is currently 50% off in GOG's opening sale.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind Early Access Begins — May 22, 2017
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Fifteenth Anniversary — May 01, 2017
Elder Scrolls Online Weekend Sale — April 28, 2017
Elder Scrolls Online is on sale until May 1st, at 12pm EDT in the Humble Store. The base game has been heavily discounted as part of the sale. This sale comes shortly before the upcoming chapter, Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind is released on June 6th. While ESO:M is featured in the sale, it is not on discount at this time.
Elder Scrolls Legends Opening Cup Global Tournament — April 14, 2017
Elder Scrolls Legends is preparing to hold its first tournament on Electronic Sports League. The tournament is scheduled for April 15th, at 1:00 PM EDT. The prizes will consist of several months of Electronic Sports League Premium. Additionally, ten participants will be randomly awarded two booster packs for participating.
Elder Scrolls Online Free Week — April 13, 2017
A free week for Elder Scrolls Online is being held right now. The event is set to run from April 11, 10am EDT on PS4, Xbox One, and Steam (PC/Mac) and ends on April 18, 2017, at 10am EDT. Characters created during the event will be saved and can be reused if you decide to buy it afterwards.
Elder Scrolls Online Celebrates Third Anniversary — April 04, 2017
Today marks the third year since the official release of Elder Scrolls Online. With it, an in-game event is being held with Chef Donolon once more, with him providing you a cake that can boost experience gain by 100 percent for two hours. Bonus reward chests containing crafting ingredients and rare items can also be earned by completing daily and weekly quests.
The full announcement can be seen here, and the event is scheduled to run from April 4th, 2017, to April 18th, 2017, at 10:00 AM EDT.
Current Featured Article
Legends:Cloudy Dregs Inn
The Cloudy Dregs Inn is a location in Wayrest. It is one of the first two locations on that map, along with the Murder Scene. Uther sends you to the inn to see if anyone's seen anything suspicious. However, the barman doesn't like nosy people and drags you into a bar fight. (more...)
Current Featured Image
Did you know...
- ... that The Theory of the Lunar Lorkhan states that Nirn’s two moons, Masser and Secunda, are actually the corpse of Lorkhan?
- ... that "The Elder Scrolls" didn't mean anything when it was chosen as the series title?
- ... that when going through an Oblivion Gate in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, you're usually going to one of seven random worlds?
- ... that Meridia is believed to have originally been a Magna Ge, going by the name of Merid-Nunda?
- ... that Orcs were not a playable race until The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind but rather just a type of monster?
- ... that the Shivering Isles is split into two distinct regions: Mania, the lighthearted side of its ruler's madness, and Dementia, the darker side?
- ... that Necromancy is only illegal in the province of Morrowind?
- ... that Nirn is the name of the planet on which Tamriel, the continent that hosts most events in the Elder Scrolls games, is located?
- ... that there are seventeen different types of Khajiit, and which type of Khajiit is born is tied to the Lunar Lattice?
- ... that you can be crowned Emperor in ESO?